May 22-26, 2017
August 28 to September 1, 2017
A shared value platform for sustainable Ghanaian cocoa supply chains.
The private sector is increasingly aware that sustainable production and community development need to be at the core of corporate strategy and day-to-day operations. Based on the imperative that ‘true impact’ is only achieved through consensus, compromise and cooperation, Google Food Lab (GFL) and the International Trade Center (ITC) in collaboration with the Future Food Institute, the Business School Lausanne and the Googlers Give Global Leadership Program and with the support of Nestle, Barry Callebaut and the Food Inspiration Magazine, would like to join forces with companies to empower and connect the Ghanaian cocoa farmers through a shared value sustainable cocoa supply chain platform. The innovative and collaborative approach of this initiative aims to:
A three-day event of conferences aiming at raising awareness and sharing knowledge about three main topics: the current situation of cocoa farming practices in Ghana, the International Trade Centre (ITC) tools and tech solutions already available to include Ghanaian cocoa farmers in the supply chain.
A two-day hackathon gathering developers, economists, cocoa producers and experts in the sector to collaborate intensively on software innovation projects.
January 23rd – 24th – 25th
TRAINING OF TRAINERS & REPLICATION OF TRAININGS
A three-day event aiming at training – for free- cocoa producers representatives or producers’ coaches in the use of market analysis and sustainability related tools.
Join our mission
Support Chocothon to save it from extinction!
The companies willing to be part of this initiative should
- Directly or indirectly source cocoa from Ghana
- Be able to share farmer data that allows the collection of attributes (location, size, production techniques, level of income and more) in order to develop tailor-made and appropriate programs and measures in line with the platform initiative.
- Commitment to partner in the first two Chocothon Events within their chosen role.
The companies that participate in this initiative will benefit from
- A neutral platform with respected partners that will lend credibility to the participating companies’ commitment to sustainable cocoa sourcing in Ghana aiming to share, empower and connect the entire cocoa supply chain from the upstream to the downstream actors
- Platform co-development that offers a groundbreaking approach in connecting and engaging with suppliers and thus helping to secure long-term sustainable supply chain access
- Access world class and open source technology tools made available by all the members of the initiative
- A scalable approach using customized trainings and tools developed by all the members of the initiative.